|Game Title:||Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter|
|Initial Release Date:||10 Jun 2016|
|Genre:||Action, Adventure, Atmospheric, Story Rich|
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter is an adventurous game about murder mysteries. You will be able to gather clues, make hypotheses, and remove culprits from potential suspects.
- Beautiful graphics
- 4 cases to resolve
- Because of the subtle signs, one can expose the culprit
- Various QTE puzzles and scenes
- The story is generally more explicit than just being told in previous cases
- The law of changing clothes is a good relationship (although you can not do that in the last 2 cases)
- Sometimes it is difficult to know which symptoms are missing.
- Some puzzles, especially in section 2, can be very difficult to solve.
- Much shorter than Crime and Punishment (4 and a half cases, according to 6).
- Once you specify all the possible outcomes, choosing one of them is basically just an estimate.
The story seems to be a continuation of another Sherlock Holmes game created by Frogwares. I have never played any of their Sherlock Holmes games before, and since the story goes on after an event in the previous game, I did not understand what happened when I mentioned those events. Fortunately, the game never stops at this point other than at the beginning and end of the story, which also helps to clarify the frame somewhere in between.
The issue itself is good. I was able to get most of the culprits right, although I found it difficult to understand how one of those culprits commits their crimes. It seems that the game wants to show that you are always “right” in resolving the case because they never give a brief summary of how the victim was killed. You also have options to imprison or release them, which opens the way to different scenes.
The game is played as a point-and-click game, except that you run your character with the keyboard. You will be able to interact with everything to collect signs and use a skill that allows you to see other things that can be lost to the naked eye. However, it is not a signal system. You will need to use this to collect different tokens, so expect to travel around the area at least twice to get all the tokens you can get. However, in case you are stuck, there is no signaling system. Most of the time my game was spent around the area a few times, just to figure out which characters I lost because the game would not allow me to continue the story if I forgot one.
The game has a lot of buzzes, is minimalistic, and QTE, allows you to play different things to keep up with the story. They are usually unique and easy to finish, although I have found that those in the second case are resolved. However, the lock miniaturization can also cause some difficulties due to its controls. Even after I finished the game I still had not regained control of it.
Length and Difficulty
I finished the game with all the wins in 11.5h. I have found that completing puzzles is difficult depending on the resolution of the case, but you can get out of them at any time if you wish. However, doing so may ruin your gaming experience because they are too much in your game. Sometimes, I tend to think that there are too many “activities” in the game depending on the resolution case and they are moving around, and if you want to run back and forth between worlds, the loading screen is very slow.
Every time you look at them up close the characters may look a little weird because of their sweet texture, but still, they look different. The backgrounds look realistic with a variety of interiors and cityscapes, although I agree that the map becomes too extensive for your benefit. When I go out of the building, I get lost and dare not go out until I need to.
The game may be of high quality, but I found that there is no design option to make them better. Many puzzles can be difficult to solve, and there is no sign or thing to help you solve them. There is only one throw button, which is not always pleasant to use. On the one hand, there are some simple and fun puzzles to solve.
Even though it is a continuation of another game, you can still enjoy it without the first game if you do not care about some facts. Some events may be very vague to you although they will be revealed in time.
System Requirements of Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter Game
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10 (64 Bit)
- Processor: INTEL Core i3 3.6GHz / AMD FX Series 4.2GHz Quad-Core
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1024 MB 100% DirectX 11 compatible AMD Radeon HD 7790 / NVIDIA GeForce 460 GTX
- Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
- DirectX: Version 11
How to Install Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter For PC?
- Extract the file using “Winrar”.
- Open the “Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter Game” folder.
- Click on “Setup” and install it.
- After installation is complete, go to the folder where you install the game.
- Click on the “Sherlock” icon to play the game.
|File Size: 11.7 GB||Download Here|