|Asterix and Obelix: Slap them All!
|Mr. Nutz Studio
|Initial Release Date:
|7 Dec 2021
|Action, Beat ’em up, 2D Fighter
Asterix and Obelix: Slap them All! relies entirely on old tales and ancient tales, the good old art style of that time has also been captured. The graphic designers really did a great job here.
The music is great, and the sounds (at least in German sound output) are good. The intermediate level of difficulty presents a definite difficulty but can be overcome. At the same time, we all have to have a good story about two Galician heroes: wild boars, pirates and carnivores, wolves, dungeons, lions, and of course … Endless Romans.
Of course, at some points, the opponents repeat themselves, but it was no different from comparable games from the past. This has been criticized in some reviews, but it really is not clear to me. Elsewhere it was criticized that the game was too short.
- Hand-drawn 2D graphics look beautiful
- 100% loyal to the original comic book
- Features, stages, and enemies reused
- Conflict is fundamental and repetitive
- No extra a collectibles
- No commands, graphics, or voice options
The art style is 100% faithful to the comic book both in the game and during the short stories between levels. The environment captures beautiful colorful futures and feels like it is inside a comic book. The characters have some nice animations, with lots of “puff!” and “bong!” icons that appear when enemies are defeated. The music and sound are mostly consistent with the comic scenes, but Asterix and Obelix usually repeat the same few lines, which in the long run can be tried.
I do not think so, after ten hours I already felt that the end would come, though I enjoyed it. It’s one of those games where you have to restart after the first game to improve your score like it was in the 1990s or earlier. I remember the days of the old Super Nintendo a lot because Asterix games are sometimes very similar.
For my part, the best one has one point of criticism: I would love to have more mini-games. For example, at Asterix & Obelix on the SNES, you had the opportunity to take part in a rugby game in the UK. Here moments like this are ignored.
I can only say that I enjoy it and I am thankful for this wonderful game about two Galician heroes. By far the most successful of all the games for me is the old SNES classic Asterix & Obelix. I will be very much enjoying the second part of this wonderful game with more stories from the legendary comic book series.
System Requirements of Asterix and Obelix: Slap them All! Game
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 or later
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2310, 3Ghz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Geforce GTX 660/ Radeon R7 370
- Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
- DirectX: Version 11
How to Install Asterix and Obelix: Slap them All! For PC?
- Extract the file using “Winrar”.
- Open the “Asterix and Obelix: Slap them All! Game” folder.
- Click on “Setup” and install it.
- After installation is complete, go to the folder where you extracted the game.
- Open the “CODEX” folder, copy all files, and paste it where you installed the game.
- Click on the “Game” icon to play the game.
|File Size: 1.27 GB