|Guild of Ascension
|Initial Release Date:
|21 Sep 2021
|Action, Adventure, Indie, RPG, Strategy
Guild of Ascension is a strange game, to say the least. It’s both turn-based and timed action and this combination will definitely not suit many players. For those who can see the past and get used to it, the game is played in 3 biomes and more than one floor in each, with the next floor opening when you play the previous ones.
The game features some randomness in the floor map generation and the actual spanning of enemies, traps as well as rewards seems like a pool of possibilities. Although this increases the “difference” of running, it is repeated after a while, especially when the game is actually quite difficult and requires almost always grinding before passing through the floor boss and making it.
- Lots to unlock and experience
- Engage gameplay loop with many custom aspects
- Flexible combat systems
- Clear and informative items / buffs / events etc.
- Lots of unique monsters
- The menu is completely silent, the music starts as soon as you start the game.
- Mouse and keyboard can be a bit weird, as are games like Ori. Nothing terrible, mostly just menu items. (This is based on recent patch notes)
This game is prominent in its very strange combat system. I find it very difficult to get used to it and not so intuitive. You take turns doing your actions, and moving and targeting are really on a grid. However, your turn is determined by what you can do in the allotted time, and what you can do during that time, in a variety of ways, from attacking to fleeing to safety. Until you recharge your dodge points.
After attacking enemies for a while, you will have a gauge that allows you to make certain attacks. These specific attacks depend on the deployment weapon, and if you forget how to use each specific type of weapon/loadout, you can always go back to the tutorial and try them out. Or you can just start a new race, trial, and error, so that there may be a short and pathetic race before you regain your composure.
Everything has been improved for the controller, KB + M looks a bit strange, needless to say, there are some bugs in using KB + M. So definitely recommend using a controller.
There are a reasonable number of regular enemy types, traps, and masters. Individual surface designs are also good to look at with their smooth low poly shape. I don’t like it much but overall it looks good.
Music and sounds
The music is quite straightforward and the sound effects are definitely a bit lacking especially in combat.
If you enjoy tactically or rouge light games, give this game a shot. It’s well made, fun and charming. The whole part of the game is enjoyed and it is not affected by the annoying parts as many games do.
System Requirements of Guild of Ascension Game
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Gtx 750 or above
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics: 1 GB VRAM – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 or ATI Radeon HD5800
- Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
How to Install Guild of Ascension For PC?
- Extract the file using “Winrar”.
- Open the “Guild of Ascension – PC Free Now” >> folder.
- After Installation click on the “GuildOfAscension” icon to play the game.
|File Size: 1.10 GB